Saturday, September 22, 2012

September 19th, 2012 - I Brought Home a 1968 GT-160

After negotiating for a few weeks, I brought home my new project. My friend, Fred, and I went to Cadillac Michigan and picked up this very nice 1968 Glastron GT-160. The GT-160 was built from 1968 to 1975, taking a year off in 1970. The open bow design was only offered in 1968-69 so it is a rare boat to find. I love the styling and am really looking forward to getting this one ready for the water. The boat came with a trailer that I think will be upgraded and a 1971 Evinrude Starflite, 100HP outboard motor, minus the powerhead and cowling pieces. It does have trim and tilt and a controller in EXCELLENT condition. It appears that this boat has been stored inside for most, if not all, of it's life. I think I will look for a Mercury 1150, 115HP for it. My only regret is that I am going to have to part with my 1976 GT-150. (www.1976-gt150.blogspot.com)


Nice View

 Cracked Bow Cap

 Good Look at the Open Bow

 The Captain's Area

 The Navigator's Area

 Excellent Electronic Evinrude Controller

Ride Guide Steering

Transom View

 Port Rear

Starboard Rear (Note Missing Glastron Emblem & Damage)

Trailer

Port Side Dock Rash

Crack in Wind Screen Where Middle Windows Opens

Full Wind Screen

4 comments:

  1. I am also working on a restoration of the same boat. I have a 1968 and a 1969. I'm not sure of the physical difference but one is a parts boat with a bad transum. If you need any parts, during your project, let me know.

    Russ (414)-313-8810

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Russ,
      A few years later and i'm also starting a restoration of this rare model and read your post. Can you please contact me : marktplaats@benningshof.nl
      Thanks, Konstant

      Delete
    2. I have a red one but I want a green one now. rheine@mindspring.com

      Delete
  2. I appreciate that. I wasn't planning on it but I sold it soon after I bought it. Someone made me an offer that I couldn't pass up. I would be interested in seeing some pictures of yours if you could send some. I like seeing other restorations, especially really cool boats. joedaisydog at gmail.com Are you a member of the Facebook pages? Also, http://www.classicglastron.com/ or http://www.cgoamn.com/ ?

    ReplyDelete