Saturday, September 22, 2012

September 21st, 2012 - More Cleaning


I did a bit more cleaning and investigating today. I still haven't found a tag with the serial number on it. It may have been removed during some repair. I'm not even sure where it would have been. I will probably have to apply for a nuw Hull ID number but with a good bill of sale that should not be too much of an issue. I found some old mouse eaten life jackets in the ski locker under the floor as well as an old bumper. I removed those items and vacuumed the hull extensively. I then inspected where I could and took pictures. It sure seems that the hull is in great shape.

 Open Bow Area

 In the Nose of the Boat under Gas Tank

 Rear Area by Transom With Bilge Pump

 Bilge

 Bow Area with All Wood Removed

 Gas Tank Area (Still Gas in Tank, Bummer)

 Open Bow

 Cool Original Back Nav Light

 1968 GT-160 Capacity Plate

 Area Under Driver's Floor with Bumper

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I just discovered the old Glastrons, they certainly are unique by todays standards. I see from your blog that you just purchased this GT 160, but I was wondering if you would be interested in selling it. We are specifically looking for a 1968 or 1969 GT 160 to use as a tender for our motoryacht. Im sure you are aware that they are hard to find. If you are intersted to sell it.....name your price. text me if interested 757 871 7433

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I wasn't planning on selling it, but did. Someone beat you to it. I hope I don't regret it.

      Delete
  2. Hi is the owner of the thread still active ? Thx

    ReplyDelete